Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eating Dirt

Sometimes I dislike that we live on the outskirts of the metro. It takes me 30 minutes to an hour to travel to and from my destination. This of course makes it challenging to get anywhere when you are working around an 11 month old and 3 year old nap and eating schedule. What I do love about the drive time is it makes me stop my daily activities and focus on my kids. Commuting provides a great opportunity for me to chat with Hunter. He loves to talk about what he sees and is always asking me "what's that". Recently we were driving by a plowed field. I can't remember how the conversation went, but I remember I was trying to be silly and we starting talking about a "dirt store". I told him we could buy pudding, oreos and gummy worms and make our own dirt. He got really excited and several times that week he reminded me that I needed to buy the ingredients when I went grocery shopping. One afternoon when Katelyn was napping we made the dirt. He was so excited to cook something for Daddy to eat after dinner.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: