Friday, November 5, 2010

Blue Thomas Birthday Party

Several weeks prior to Hunter's third birthday, he told me he wanted a "Blue Thomas Birthday Party". I thought he might change his mind, but he mentioned it several times. In the past we had only had family parties, but a few weeks prior to his birthday he attended Grace's birthday party and he had a blast. Since he had enjoyed the party so much and because a lot of family couldn't make it for his birthday this year, we decided to have a kid's party.

His birthday (Nov. 1) was on Monday this year, so we had his party on Saturday Oct. 30. This was also are sixth wedding anniversary.


I decided to make the cupcakes for his party. I enjoy decorating cakes and I wanted to be able to make Hunter's egg free cupcake look like the regular cupcakes. I got my decorating idea for the cupcakes at this site. They actually made trains out of fondant, but that wasn't something I wanted to attempt. Instead I bought cupcake toppers that were also rings that the kids could wear.


A close-up of a James cupcake


We reserved a party room at McDonald's.


Graham enjoying his hamburger


Caroline


Grammee feeding Katelyn her peas.


Caroline and Mason


Yet another picture of her cheesing out


Acting bashful when we sang Happy Birthday


Blowing out his candle


He had a hard time blowing out the last candle. If you look closely you can actually see that he is trying so hard that he spit on his cake. Yet another good reason to have cupcakes instead of a cake.



Mimi and Papa couldn't attend, but they sent him a Thomas flashlight that he has enjoyed playing with.


No comments: