Saturday, July 9, 2011

Eureka Springs

May 21-27 Jonathan and I took our first vacation since our honeymoon 6 1/2 years ago. We left the kids with our parents and traveled to Eureka Springs. I had been wanting to visit there for several years.

My parents have a timeshare and they gifted us a week. We choose to stay in a small resort town of Holiday Island. It was about 10 minutes north of Eureka Springs. Our cabin was wonderful! It was just like staying in a home. In fact I think the square footage of the place was the same as our house.

We stayed in the cabin on the right.



The view from the master bedroom.


Sunday was the first real day of our vacation. We visited a church and then we headed out to Beaver Lake. They had all of the gates open due to flooding.






We also went on a short hike that afternoon and a walking tour of Eureka Springs. We were glad that we got out that afternoon, because it rained the next couple days. Fortunately by Wednesday the rain had stopped and we were able to travel to Branson for the day. The last day of our trip we shopped Eureka Springs and attended the Passion Play.




Hiking





We took Old Time Pictures at Branson Landing.


It was great to have a break. I think we both agreed that we need to make a point do something more often than every 6 years.


We took several more pictures. You can view them in our online photo album.

No comments: