Monday, August 30, 2010

Thanks Mom!

My Mom is an art teacher and artist. I on the other hand can barely draw a stick person.

The past several summers she has been taking watercoloring classes and is now running out of places to display her beautiful creations. When the kids and I visited in June she showed me her paintings and let me pick out something to take home. Unfortunately I didn't have room in my car, so I had to wait until we visited in July to bring it home.

I picked out this picture and put in my guest bathroom.

I was so excited to bring it home. We have been working on this bathroom since we bought the house two years ago. Before moving in we painted it and had tile installed. This past April we updated the light fixture and faucet. This picture really helped complete the room.

Thanks Mom!


Here are a few before and after pictures.
July 2, 2008 - The day we closed on our house. Jonathan's first project was to rip the carpet out of the bathroom.

The previous owners had two little girls and had painted it bright green with pink accents.


We painted it a warm yellow. Sorry I can't remember the name of the color and I am not feeling motivated enough to go out the garage and find the paint can.


We had a neutral colored tile installed and hung a red shower curtain with yellow and green accents.


April 30, 2010 - After the kids had gone to bed we started changing out the fixture and faucet. Jonathan wasn't looking too excited at this point. It is way past his bedtime.


Our previous hideous gold fixture.


Our new fixture and faucet.

1 comment:

Laura Voth said...

I like the updates and the picture does look great in there!