Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Henry’s Nursery

This past week we got the crib set up and for the most part I have finished the nursery. 

Earlier this year I found a chevron quilt pattern for the Peak Hour Fabric line by Riley Blake, that I loved. I modified the pattern some so that it contained another row of cars and cut out some of the length.  This was my first time to bind and machine quilt. 

IMG_4335-001

A big thanks to Catherine for passing along the rocker.  I have always fed and rocked my babies in the living room.  I am so excited to have a chair in the nursery too.

IMG_4351-001

I sewed an adjustable crib skirt, which is so much easier than sewing a regular crib skirt.  It is basically three rectangular pieces of fabric that tie to the crib.  When you lower the crib you can tie the skirt farther back so it doesn’t drag on the floor. I found the rug at IKEA and sheets at Target.

IMG_4350-001

We had a strip of leftover plywood from the bunk beds that Jonathan cut into rectangles for me.  I covered them with leftover quilt fabric.  I found 3D letters at Hobby Lobby and painted them and then glued them to the fabric.

IMG_4352-001

We are naming him Henry John.  Henry was my Grandpa’s middle name and John is Jonathan’s dad’s name.  I am going to put a picture of Henry in the blue frame and a picture of each grandpa as a kid in the red frames. 

I also ended up sewing a diaper stacker.  I made one for Hunter’s nursery and I said I would never make one again. I couldn’t find one that matched the room, so I decided to try and sew one again.  It was a fairly easy sewing project until I got to the final step attaching the bottom.   Then I remembered why I had swore I would never make one again.

IMG_4349-001

1 comment:

kuliejellogg said...

Wow! Everything looks great!