This was our year to spend Thanksgiving with my family. For 20+ years my parents have invited my Mom's extended family to their house for an 3 day Thanksgiving Celebration/Family Reunion. The men hunt and the women do crafts. We usually have about a dozen people attend, but this year we had 23 people. All except two (my parents) were out-of-town guests.
On the way to my parent's house, we visited Grandma Harlow. I hadn't seen her since Hunter was a toddler.
The sun was setting as we arrived at my parent's house. This picture really doesn't begin to capture the beauty of the sunset or show how you can see for miles in Southwest Kansas.
We had quite the scare Thanksgiving Day. We let Epic and Hunter take a nap together in my parent’s room. It took them awhile to settle down, but they finally got quiet so we thought they were sleeping. Little did we know that they were putting lotion on each other and eating a half a bottle of Tums! After a quick call to Poison Control we learned that an overdose of Tums, usually only causes upset stomach. The Tums did not seem to phase Epic, but unfortunately I can’t say the same for poor Hunter. He kept complaining that his tummy hurt and about 24 hours after ingesting the medication he got really sick. He had horrible stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. Thank God it only lasted a couple hours and he was back to normal the next day.

Epic taking a late nap Thanksgiving Day.
Epic taking a late nap Thanksgiving Day.
Poor second child! She doesn't have a decent picture to document her first Thanksgiving. I had intended to sew her a denim jumper and applique a turkey on it. I got as far as cutting out the pieces. I did remember to take a picture Thanksgiving day, but afterwards I realized I had my camera on the wrong setting and all of the pictures were blurry.
This is after I changed my camera settings, but she wanted nothing to do with the Gobble napkin this point.
Everyone brings their dogs too. Here is Nici and Sprinkles.
Epic and Hunter modeling the Thomas the Train hats Nici made them.
Lynde with Jeremiah and Blaze
The Hunters
Each year we do different craft projects and the past few years we have done fused glass. Basically you cut out glass, grind it, and then fire it in a kiln to fuse it. You can make wall hangings, plates, bowls, coasters, jewelry, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment