Thursday, August 13, 2009

20 Month Portraits

Since April I have been meaning to get Hunter's pictures made in his Easter suit. It wasn't until the end of July that I finally got around to scheduling an appointment. This portrait session was by far the worse one I have had with him. The photographer was great and very patient, however Hunter was not cooperative. The past month his personality has really started to emerge and he desires independence. Therefore he wasn't interested in sitting on the couch or chair and posing. I even tried to bribe him with food, but he of course didn't want me to hand him the Cheerios. Instead he wanted to hold the container and feed himself. After about an hour, the photographer and I gave up. Below are a few of the pictures where he isn't trying to jump out of the chair, eating or sucking his thumb.


Here is Jonathan at 26 months and Hunter at 20 almost 21 months. I was really hoping to get a picture that was similar to the one of Jonathan, but it didn't happen.
I am not sure what is up with his hands?
It wasn't until I got home that I realized the above picture cropped made a nice closeup. I wish I had thought of that while at the studio.

Mr. Serious
A rare smile.

Towards the end of the session, Hunter firmly planted himself on the floor and started to suck him thumb. At this point, he wouldn't even go near the chair or couch.

No comments: