Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jesse Tree

 

When Jonathan and I were in Eureka Springs last May we visited the Great Passion Play site.  There they had a collection of Christian art and on display was the “Passion Tree” by Jack E. Dawson.  The painting is of a Christmas tree with several ornaments that follows the story of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.  When I got back home I learned that Dawson’s “Passion Tree” wasn’t something new, but is often called a Jesse Tree. 

This Christmas we began the tradition of decorating our own Jesse Tree.  I bought a small tree and I found a website with an free downloadable Advent 2011 Jesse Tree packet.  It was perfect for small children.  The packet included ornaments that kids could color and a short daily devotional that related to the day’s ornament.

The kid’s love decorating their tree. 

IMG_0289-1

IMG_0274-001

IMG_0275-001IMG_0283-001

IMG_0286-001

No comments: