See what I mean.
Plus Katelyn is more familiar with the '80s Strawberry Shortcake, because she sleeps with my childhood blanket. In stores they only sell the new Strawberry Shortcake costume, so I decided I would try to sew it myself. I found a lot of great ideas for her costume on Etsy.
To make the dress I followed a tutorial for a pheasant dress. The hardest part of the costume was the apron. I didn't have a pattern so I had to make one myself and then I had to sew on all of the strawberries. As with any sewing project, it ended being more work than I anticipated, but I was happy with how it turned out, and Katelyn was beyond excited to dress up like Strawberry Shortcake.
To make the dress I followed a tutorial for a pheasant dress. The hardest part of the costume was the apron. I didn't have a pattern so I had to make one myself and then I had to sew on all of the strawberries. As with any sewing project, it ended being more work than I anticipated, but I was happy with how it turned out, and Katelyn was beyond excited to dress up like Strawberry Shortcake.
This is before I finished the apron. She was so excited to try on her costume.
I wish I had gotten a better picture of her on Halloween, but she wasn't interested in taking pictures that night.
This year Hunter really wanted to be a tiger and I had wanted to buy him a costume. I searched everywhere, but apparently it is next to impossible to find a tiger costume in his size. Most of them were for toddlers and the few larger ones I found were out-of-stock or super expensive. I finally decided I would make him a costume. I used a pajama pattern for the top and bottoms, so he could wear his costume after Halloween.

No comments:
Post a Comment