I can't believe Katelyn is almost two months old. She has of course grown a lot and we are starting to get somewhat of routine. For the most part she is an easy going baby and is content to eat about every three hours and luckily only gets up once at night. She has also started to become more social. It is fun to see Hunter and her interacting. He gets really excited when she smiles. He also likes to talk to Katelyn. Several times a day he runs over to her and says "looking at you" as in he wants her to look at him. When she is crying he likes to pat her and say "it's okay baby sis" and he often says "I love baby sis". Hunter actually is quite the chatter box these days and is constantly cracking us up!
Trying to stay warm during the Jan. arctic freeze
Hunter requested that I take his picture by the couch. After 2-3 snapshots he said "that's good".
For the most part Hunter is loving, but he isn't always gentle. Katelyn received her first battle wound earlier this month when Hunter tried to pull her off my lap so he could hug her.
Every time I get out the mixer Hunter thinks I am making pumpkin bread. Here he is helping me make pizza dough.
I admit Katelyn doesn't get as much tummy time as Hunter did. The few time I have put her down she is amazingly calm. She will try to lift her head some, but she is also happy to lay her head down and just hang out for awhile.
He is crazy about baby sis.
"Lookin' at you"
5 Weeks
Hunter kept pretending his ABC game was an ABC purse, so I got him a gift bag to play.
Caroline and Hunter driving a tractor at the Home and Garden Show.
I was trying to get a picture of my little cowboy's new hair cut. It is super short. However he wanted to wear his OSU hat. Now that I lay Katelyn down to take her picture he thinks that all pictures need to be taken on blankets.
He loves the kitchen he got from Mimi and Papa. He makes dinner for all of us, including baby sis. He also serves hot cocoa and lemonade.
Hunter loves to wear his Elmo slippers that Grammee and Grandpa got him. Notice he is standing on the baby sis's blanket again.
Hunter found Katelyn's bibs and wanted to wear one.
He also loves to wear his blue stocking and mittens around the house.
I got out Katelyn's activity mat and Hunter was more interested in it then her.
When I first got the swing out, only Hunter liked it. He was so obsessed with the straps the he broke one of them, so now we can only strap her in on one side. :( Luckily Katelyn finally got use to the swing. In this photograph Hunter has been kind enough to share some strawberries and a chocolate chip cookie with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment