Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Katelyn Abigail

December 4 started out as an ordinary day. Hunter and I were at home, and I was thinking about running some errands. Then around 9:30 AM I started to think perhaps I might be in the early stages of labor and within an hour I was certain that I was in labor. By noon we were at the hospital and I was told by the triage nurse that I was still in early labor and would likely be sent home. However I made some progress so my doctor decided to let me stay and we were moved into labor and delivery room. Sometime around 2:30 PM I started to receive a low dosage of pitocin and shortly after that my water was broke. Up until this point I hadn't really been feeling a lot of pain, but it quickly intensified and by 4:30 PM I was ready for my epidural. By the time the anesthesiologist arrived and finished administering the epidural another hour had passed and I was fully dilated. Three little pushes later and Katelyn arrived at 6:03 PM.



Katelyn arrived December 4 at at 6:03 PM. She weighed 6lbs 12 ounces and measured 20 inches.


Jonathan, Katelyn and Dr. T.


Grammee and Grandpa


Aunt Katie


Lynde and Aunt Nici

Mimi


Hunter sharing his truck with Katelyn

Still not sure what to think about his new sister.

Our family

Getting ready to go home

Ready for her first car ride.

1 comment:

kuliejellogg said...

I'm so glad to hear the story and see all the pictures. I had no idea how (quickly) this little miss entered the world. I'm glad they didn't send you home!