Wednesday, February 4, 2009

15 Month Check-Up

Hunter had his 15 month appointment this morning. To say that he did not enjoy the experience is an understatement. As soon as our pediatrician came into the room he got clingy and I literally had to hold him down so the check-up could be performed. Even after the check-up he would get fussy every time he looked at the doctor. He finally settled down, but then he had to get three shots. I am sure Hunter is glad that he doesn't have to go back until he is two. Developmentally he is right on track, and it is even "normal" for him to have the Buddha belly. Today he weighed 24 pounds 10 ounces and measured 32 inches.




Recently we have noticed that although Hunter has a limited vocabulary he really does understand a lot of what we say. Yesterday I stuck him in front of the wall to snap a 15 month picture. I then looked at the picture I had taken and said something similar to, "Mommy is going to have to put you back by the wall so we can take another picture." To my complete surprise Hunter walked over to the wall and turned around to face me. He looked at his feet and kind of scooted back closer to the wall as if he was getting himself in just the right spot. He then stood still a few seconds so I could take another picture.

1 comment:

kuliejellogg said...

That's really funny. I'm always amazed by their receptive language!