Monday, April 14, 2008

Lemonade Cheesecake

Since the beginning of the year I have been a Weight Watchers member. I highly recommend the program, especially if you are a nursing mom. You get 10 extra points a day when you are nursing, which allows you actually eat a lot of food and still lose 1-2 pounds a week! To date I have lost 24.4 pounds and have never felt as though I was starving.

At each meeting my leader always shares recipes. This week I made a Lemonade Cheesecake that I thought was very tasty and is a lot healthier than a traditional cheesecake recipe. The recipe calls for Crystal Light Lemonade mix, but I am thinking you could experiment and use different Crystal Light flavors too.

1 - 8 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
1 tsp Crystal Light Lemonade Mix, powder (I used 2 tsp)
2 T fat free milk
1 - 8 oz tub fat free cool whip
1 reduced fat free Graham cracker crust
1/2 cup Splenda

Beat cream cheese and drink mix until smooth. Gradually add milk and Splenda. Stir in cool whip. Spoon mixture into crust and decorate as desired. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.

Serves: 8
Points: 4 points per slice

No comments: